Current Program Priorities (2018-21)
About the Sexual Exploitation Working Group
In April 2008, the Commission on Justice and Peace established this as part of a strategic planning process that identified human trafficking as a common interest among several member churches.
In January 2016, the Commission changed their name to the Sexual Exploitation in Canada Working Group to reflect our focus on and commitment to broader issues surrounding sexual exploitation. Our purpose is to lead an ecumenical response to sexual exploitation, including pornography, as a justice and human rights issue that primarily affects women and children.
As people of faith
we believe in the human rights and the emancipation of persons everywhere.
- Rev. Brenda Mann: Canadian Baptists of Ontario and Quebec
- Rev. Deb Stanbury: The Presbyterian Church in Canada/ARISE Ministry
- Diane Dwarka: Women’s Inter-Church Council of Canada
- Nancy Brown: Canadian Conference of Catholic Bishops
- Glendyne Gerrard: Defend Dignity/The Christian & Missionary Alliance
- Rev. Karen Stepko: Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada
- Julia Beazley: Evangelical Fellowship of Canada
- Jennifer Lucking: Reformed Church in America
- Savelia Curniski: Orthodox Church in America
- Rachele Lamont: Salvation Army, Canada and Bermuda Territory
- Donna Geernaert: Canadian Conference of Catholic Bishops
- Paul Gehrs: Evangelical Lutheran Church of Canada