Annual Forum on Faith and a Sustainable Economy
2011 Forum on Faith and a Sustainable Economy – 17 May 2010
Hold the date…
2010 Forum on Faith and a Sustainable Economy – 18 May 2010
The Churches’ Contribution to the Voluntary Sector: Public Policy, Theology, and Public Ethics in the Voluntary Sector
Join us for a day of listening and learning, dialogue and debate on May 18, 2010 on Parliament Hill in Ottawa.
Jeremiah 29:7 “. . . seek the peace and prosperity of the city to which I have carried you into exile. Pray to the LORD for it, because if it prospers, you too will prosper.”
Habakkuk 2:2 “Then the LORD told me: I will give you my message in the form of a vision. Write it clearly enough to be read at a glance.”
The report for this Forum is forthcoming.
2009 Forum on Faith and a Sustainable Economy
The Roots of the Crises are Spiritual
The Commission on Justice and Peace of the Canadian Council of Churches hosted a Forum on Faith and a Sustainable Economy on Parliament Hill, Ottawa on May 12, 2009. One of the key themes of the forum was that the roots of the current crisis – named as the poverty crisis, financial crisis, and environmental crisis – are spiritual.
Individual presentations available for review:
- Economies as Ecologies: Lessons from Bernard Lonergan’s Macroeconomic Analysis by Darlene O’Leary, Ph.D (Th)
- Right Relationship: Building a Whole Earth Economy by Keith Helmuth, Religious Society of Friends.
- The Ethics of Climate Change, PowerPoint presentation by Graham Saul, The Climate Change Network.
- Forum on Faith and a Sustainable Economy: The Financial Crisis by John Dillon, KAIROS.
- Economic Partnerships Portfolio by Judy Whiteduck, The Assembly of First Nations.