Have you ever wished you could gather Canada’s Christian churches and have an in-depth, nuanced conversation about the status of Christianity is our diverse society? On October 26, 2019, we’re making that possible. To mark the 75th anniversary of The Canadian Council of Churches, we’re hosting a cross-Canada conversation that will engage the context of Christianity in (Francophone, Indigenous, Diaspora, and the rest of) Canada. Best of all: this event will be conducted via live-streaming so that church and community groups, as well as individuals, will be able to join in all across Canada. The event will also feature English-French interpretation and closed captioning in both languages to ensure accessibility for all participants.
Who: We will have five speakers from a diversity of Christian backgrounds (See poster below for bio information): Pator JoAnne Lam (ELCIC), Pastor Mary Fontaine (PCC), Pastor Ken Shigematsu (Christian and Missionary Alliance Church in Canada), Bishop Noël Simard (CCCB), and Dr. Marie Wilson, Former Commissioner of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada.
What: “What is the place of Christianity today?” A Cross-Canada Conversation in Honour of the 75th Anniversary of The Canadian Council of Churches
When: Saturday, October 26, 2019 | 1-3PM Eastern
- To participate in the live-stream event as a group or individual, register here.
- To watch the event on Facebook Live, visit our page here at the time listed above.
- To see if there are any locations in your area that will be hosting a group viewing of the event, check our webpage for this event in the coming weeks.
Help us spread the word!
Help us get the word out about this one-of-a-kind event by sharing our posters and graphics with your audiences:
- English poster for emails and attachments (pdf)
- French poster for emails and attachments (pdf)
- English graphic for social media posts (jpeg):
- French graphic (for social media posts):
This event is sponsored in part by Ecclesiastical Insurance.