The Canadian Council of Churches (CCC) has a new contract position opening for a Coordinator, Faith and Witness. The purpose of this position is to help staff the CCC’s Faith and Witness Commission, including overall responsibility for the Week of Prayer for Christian Unity under guidance of the Commission.
A Master’s or Doctoral degree in theology or related discipline is required, supported by experience with inter-church work and if possible inter-faith work. Experiencing with editing and publishing an asset. This is a new contract position for 10 hours per week for one year.
- Coordinate, facilitate and support the Week of Prayer for Christian Unity Writing Team and all activities, year-round, of the Week of Prayer for Christian Unity, including promotion and development
- Assist, as required, with facilitation and support of the Faith and Witness Commission and its projects, possibly including oversight of some projects
- Assist, as required, with facilitation and support of the Christian Interfaith Reference Group.
- Communicate and keep liaison with relevant committees and commissions of the Canadian Council of Churches, and with partner organizations.
- Work under the supervision of the Associate Secretary for Faith and Witness and the Chairperson of the Commission in coordinating the work of the Commission and related bodies.
- Attend staff meetings and other council meetings as required.
- Travel within Canada from time to time; ability to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends
Applications will be accepted through 8 August, 2014, with interviews to be held August 21. To be considered, please e-mail (with the subject line “Coordinator Position”) or mail your letter of application and CV by 8 August 2014 to Associate Secretary for the Commission on Faith and Witness, Dr. Mary Marrocco. We regret that only successful interview candidates will receive a response.